2017 ZERO™ Zero S ZF 6.5 with Charge Tank
Give us a call or pop by today for a look! 888-292-8305 Press 1 for sales
We can get you extremely low monthly payments OAC ASAP!
Extended Warranty Available!
Classy Chassis & Cycles is not just another motorcycle dealership. We are also one of Ontario’s favourite motorcycle destinations, located just outside of Peterborough in the heart of the Kawartha’s.
*Here is what the manufacturer said about this bike when it was new. Not all specs may be accurate*
- Game Changing Z-Force® Power Pack (150+ Mi Range / 300,000+ Mi Lifetime): The Zero S and Zero SR feature advanced cell chemistry and battery management systems that provide greater capacity and range. Not only does the ZF13.0 power pack enable you to go up to 202 miles, it is also designed to last the life of the motorcycle. The result of cutting-edge research and development, each cell in the power pack is individually controlled and monitored to ensure maximum health.
- Power Tank Technology (Up to 202 Miles in the City): The Z-Force® Power Tank adds 3.3 kWh of power pack storage capacity to any 2014 or later Zero S or Zero SR. An optional accessory, the Power Tank can be added at any time during or after motorcycle purchase, bringing the maximum battery capacity to 16.3 kWh. With that much energy, you can travel up to 202 miles in the city or 101 miles on the highway at 70 mph.
- Revolutionary Z-Force® Motor (Up to 70 Hp, 116 Ft-Lb…and Incredibly Efficient): Zero Motorcycles designed the Z-Force® motor from the ground up to be compact, efficient and powerful. It delivers exhilarating acceleration to a top speed of 102 mph on the Zero SR. Completely air-cooled, the motor provides a fantastic riding experience, minus the need for any regular maintenance. When slowing down, the motor generates electricity that is channeled back into the power pack to help extend ride times.
- Frame and Bodywork (Great to Look At. Even Better to Ride.): Aircraft-grade aluminum is exclusively used in the construction of the twin spar frame. It is lightweight, strong and one of the main reasons that the motorcycles handle incredibly well. Designed to have a low center of gravity, the motorcycles are highly maneuverable and responsive. The refined appearance is completed with sleek bodywork with a contemporary, aggressive and naked look. The tank section of the bodywork features an integrated storage compartment that is both lockable and removable. The tank section can also be replaced with the Power Tank accessory for greater range or the Charge Tank accessory for faster charging.
- Showa Suspension (The Magic Ride): Zero worked in close collaboration with Showa to develop suspension systems that provide excellent small bump compliance, predictable control of bigger impacts and exceptionally smooth action under all conditions. Torsional rigidity of the front end improves handling, and a hollow front axle reduces unsprung weight. Suspension settings are completely customizable to meet the demands of a wide variety of riders.
- Bosch Anti-Lock Brake System (Abs) (Powerful. Precise. Control.): The Zero S and Zero SR feature an advanced Bosch anti-lock brake system (ABS) that improves control in a wide array of conditions and ensures the best braking performance, while a large 320 mm diameter carrier-less rotor increases stopping power.
- Wheels and Tires (Rolling Forward): Pirelli tires are standard on the Zero S and Zero SR, providing great traction, excellent durability and road feel. The tires are mounted to stylish and durable cast alloy wheels.
- Dash and Controls (Impressive Information. Elegantly Displayed.): The dash is designed by Zero to quickly and accurately provide useful data on such information as state of charge, power output and your selected riding profile. You can toggle through three riding profiles, using the ergonomic right-hand switch gear, to better meet the needs of your ride: Sport, Eco, Custom. The dash screen features a cool blue backlit LCD display and integrates seamlessly into the front of the motorcycle. Want more information about the motorcycle while riding or at home? Try the Zero Motorcycles App.
- Zero Motorcycles App (Get Your Motorcycle Dialed): Using the Zero Motorcycles App, you can see detailed information about your motorcycle such as the time until charged, average watts per mile, total charge cycles and much more. When parked, the app allows you to set the custom riding mode’s performance profile by adjusting the parameters for top speed, maximum torque and maximum regenerative braking. While riding, your phone transforms into a customized dash that provides detailed real-time motorcycle information. Synced using Bluetooth, the app works on iPhone and Android mobile devices.
- Direct Drive Gearing (Instant Torque With a Twist): Featuring clutchless direct drive, the Zero S and Zero SR are geared for rapid acceleration and maximum efficiency. With its higher output motor, the Zero SR achieves a top speed in excess of 100 mph. Without ever needing to shift, both models provide controlled and powerful acceleration until you reach your desired speed. The carbon fiber belt achieves minimal frictional losses for increased overall range and is integral to making the powertrain quiet and maintenance-free.
- Charge Easily. Charge Anywhere. (Travel up to 53 Miles Per Hour of Charging): From public Level 2 charge stations to your garage, Zero’s charging options are designed to fit your lifestyle. Every Zero comes standard with a simple and lightweight cable that plugs into any household outlet. For faster charging on the go, Zero offers the Charge Tank accessory. It effectively triples on-board charging speed, allowing riders to recharge their power pack in as little as 2-3 hours at level 2 charging stations. The result is up to 53 miles of riding range for each hour of charging time (based on city range). For home or office use, Zero’s scalable "Quick Charger" system can dramatically reduce charging times. The system uses up to four stand-alone (off-board) 1 kW chargers that work in conjunction with the motorcycle’s standard (on-board) charger.
- City: 81 miles (130 km)
- Highway, 55 mph (89 km/h): 49 miles (79 km)
- Combined: 61 miles (98 km)
- Highway, 70 mph (113 km/h): 41 miles (66 km)
- Combined: 54 miles (87 km)
- Peak torque: 78 ft-lb (106 Nm)
- Peak power: 46 hp (34 kW) @ 4,300 rpm
- Top speed (max): 98 mph (158 km/h)
- Top speed (sustained): 80 mph (129 km/h)
- Type: Z-Force® 75-5 passively air-cooled, high efficiency, radial flux, interior permanent magnet, brushless motor
- Controller: High efficiency, 550 amp, 3-phase brushless controller with regenerative deceleration
- Est. pack life to 80% (city): 181,000 miles (291,000 km)
- Power pack: Z-Force® Li-Ion intelligent integrated
- Max capacity: 6.5 kWh
- Nominal capacity: 5.7 kWh
- Charger type: 1.3 kW, integrated
- Charge time (standard): 4.7 hours (100% charged) / 4.2 hours (95% charged)
- With Charge Tank accessory: 1.9 hours (100% charged) / 1.4 hours (95% charged)
- With one accessory charger: 2.9 hours (100% charged) / 2.4 hours (95% charged)
- With max accessory chargers: 1.6 hours (100% charged) / 1.1 hours (95% charged)
- Input: Standard 110 V or 220 V
- Transmission: Clutchless direct drive
- Final drive: 90T / 20T, Poly Chain® HTD® Carbon™ belt
- Front suspension: Showa 41 mm inverted cartridge forks, with adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
- Rear suspension: Showa 40 mm piston, piggy-back reservoir shock with adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
- Front suspension travel: 6.25 in (159 mm)
- Rear suspension travel: 6.35 in (161 mm)
- Front brakes: Bosch Gen 9 ABS, J-Juan asymmetric dual piston floating caliper, 320 x 5 mm disc
- Rear brakes: Bosch Gen 9 ABS, J-Juan single piston floating caliper, 240 x 4.5 mm disc
- Front tire: Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 110/70-17
- Rear tire: Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 140/70-17
- Front wheel: 3.00 x 17
- Rear wheel: 3.50 x 17
- Wheelbase: 55.5 in (1,410 mm)
- Seat height: 31.8 in (807 mm)
- Rake: 24.0°
- Trail: 3.2 in (80 mm)
- Frame: 23 lb (10.4 kg)
- Curb weight: 313 lb (142 kg)
- Carrying capacity: 329 lb (149 kg)
- Equivalent fuel economy (city): 475 MPGe (0.50 l/100 km)
- Equivalent fuel economy (highway): 240 MPGe (0.98 l/100 km)
- Typical cost to recharge: $0.73
- Standard motorcycle warranty: 2 years
- Power pack warranty: 5 years/unlimited miles
- Engine Type
- Z-Force® 75-5 passively air-cooled, high efficiency, radial flux, interior permanent magnet, brushless motor
- Clutchless direct drive
- Final Drive
- 90T / 20T, Poly Chain® HTD® Carbon™ belt
- Front Suspension
- Showa 41 mm inverted cartridge forks, with adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
- Rear Suspension
- Showa 40 mm piston, piggy-back reservoir shock with adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
- Front Brakes
- Bosch Gen 9 ABS, J-Juan asymmetric dual piston floating caliper, 320 x 5 mm disc
- Rear Brakes
- Bosch Gen 9 ABS, J-Juan single piston floating caliper, 240 x 4.5 mm disc
- Front Tire
- Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 110/70-17
- Rear Tire
- Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 140/70-17
- 55.5 in. (1,410 mm)
- Seat Height
- 31.8 in. (807 mm)
- 24.0 deg.
- 3.2 in. (80 mm)
- Equivalent fuel economy (city): 475 MPGe (0.50 l/100 km); Equivalent fuel economy (highway): 240 MPGe (0.98 l/100 km)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 313 lb. (142 kg)
- Standard motorcycle warranty: 2 years; Power pack warranty: 5 years/unlimited miles