2016 ZERO™ FXS ZF 6.5
Call for Price
Give us a call or pop by today for a look! 888-292-8305 Press 1 for sales
We can get you extremely low monthly payments OAC ASAP!
Classy Chassis & Cycles is not just another motorcycle dealership. We are also one of Ontario’s favourite motorcycle destinations, located just outside of Peterborough in the heart of the Kawartha’s.
*Here is what the manufacturer said about this bike when it was new. Not all specs may be accurate*
Ride the City. Rail the Track.
Whether you’re charging through the inner city supermoto style or indulging in backroad shenanigans, the new Zero FXS is ready to push the limits. Delivering a nearly instantaneous 70 ft-lbs of torque, up to 44 hp and weighing less than 300 lbs, the Zero FXS is quick and agile. Suspension and brakes are ideally suited to the rigors of spirited riding, giving the rider greater control. 17” wheels and Pirelli Diablo Rosso tires provide superior grip and corner control…for good reason: the throttle response is simply stunning. The Zero FXS takes supermoto to a new level. Think of it as supermoto on steroids.
No ride time is wasted thanks to its maintenance-free powertrain, and each mile covered costs only around a penny in electricity. The Zero FXS features a unique, patented modular power pack system that allows recharging either on or off the bike, making it ideal for the city. With advanced ABS, fully adjustable suspension, dual projector beam headlights, alloy wheels and high performance street tires, it’s ready to hit the supermoto track or turn formerly mundane tasks into thrilling rides.
- Game Changing Z-Force® Power Pack - A fully modular system: The Zero FX features a fully modular power pack system. With slots for two power packs, you can operate the Zero FX with either one or both slots filled. The modules can be charged either on the motorcycle or elsewhere using optional accessories, giving you the ability to charge without a street-level outlet. The Zero FX can be purchased with either one module (ZF3.3) or two modules (ZF6.5).
- Revolutionary Z-Force® Motor - Thrilling acceleration with 70 ft-lbs torque: The motor in the Zero FX is configured to produce incredible torque and sits inside the lightest motorcycle in the lineup. The result is thrilling acceleration. Zero Motorcycles designed the Z-Force® motor from the ground up to be compact, efficient and powerful. Completely air-cooled, the motor is designed to provide a fantastic riding experience minus the need for any regular maintenance. When slowing down, the motor generates electricity that is channeled back into the power pack to help extend ride times.
- Charge Anywhere - Plug in at any standard outlet: The Zero FX charging system is integrated into the motorcycle and can be plugged in at any standard outlet. No additional equipment is required for standard charging. This allows you to conveniently charge in your garage, at the office or when you stop at one of your favorite places while enjoying a day out. The Zero FX power pack modules can be removed from the motorcycle and charged separately using optional accessories. This makes it possible to charge the modules anywhere and thereby eliminates the necessity of a street-level outlet. Charging times can be reduced by up to ~75% by using a scalable off-board charging system.* (*Requires optional accessories. Please see your Zero Motorcycles dealer.)
- Frame and Bodywork - Light Aircraft Grade Aluminum: At the core of the Zero FX lies the ultimate dirt bike frame that Zero engineered from the ground up and hand-crafted using aircraft grade aluminum. The resulting combination of lower weight and higher strength means more responsiveness. In the corners and off the line, this translates into greater acceleration. For added durability, each frame is shot-peened and anodized.
- Showa Suspension - The Magic Ride: Zero worked in close collaboration with Showa to develop suspension systems that provide excellent small bump compliance, predictable control of bigger impacts and exceptionally smooth action under all conditions. Torsional rigidity of the front end improves handling, and a hollow front axle reduces unsprung weight. Suspension settings are completely customizable to meet the demands of a wide variety of riders.
- Bosch Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) - Powerful. Precise. Control: The Zero FX features an advanced Bosch anti-lock brake system (ABS) that improves control in a wide array of conditions and ensures the best braking performance.
- Wheels and Tires - Paved Road. Dirt Road. No Road: Pirelli tires are standard on the Zero FX, providing improved traction in a wide variety of conditions, excellent durability and road feel. The Zero FX alloy wheels are designed to reduce unsprung weight while not compromising on strength.
- Direct Drive Gearing - Instant torque with a twist: Featuring a clutchless direct drive, the Zero FX is geared for rapid acceleration and maximum efficiency. Without ever needing to shift, the Zero FX provides controlled and powerful acceleration at any speed between 0-85 mph. The carbon fiber belt achieves minimal frictional losses for increased overall range and is integral to making the powertrain maintenance-free.
- Dash and Controls - Impressive information. Elegantly Displayed: The dash is designed by Zero to quickly and accurately provide useful data on such information as state of charge, power output and your selected riding profile. You can toggle through three riding profiles using the ergonomic right-hand switch gear to better meet the needs of your ride: Sport, Eco, Custom. The dash screen features a cool blue backlit LCD display and integrates seamlessly into the front of the motorcycle. Want more information about the motorcycle while riding or at home? Try the Zero Motorcycles App.
- Zero Motorcycles App - Get your Motorcycle Dialed: Using the Zero Motorcycles App you can see detailed information about your motorcycle such as the time until charged, average watts per mile, total charge cycles and much more. When parked, the app allows you to set the custom riding mode’s performance profile by adjusting the parameters for top speed, maximum torque and maximum regenerative braking. While riding, your phone transforms into a customized dash that provides detailed real-time motorcycle information. Synced using Bluetooth, the app works on iPhone and Android mobile devices.
- City: 90 miles (145 km)
- Highway, 55 mph (89 km/h): 54 miles (87 km)
- Combined, 55 mph (89 km/h): 68 miles (109 km)
- Highway, 70 mph (113 km/h): 37 miles (60 km)
- Combined, 70 mph (113 km/h): 52 miles (84 km)
- Max torque: 70 ft-lb (95 Nm)
- Max power: 44 hp (33 kW) @ 3,700 rpm
- Top speed (max): 82 mph (132 km/h)
- Top speed (sustained): 75 mph (121 km/h)
- Acceleration, 0-60 mph (0-100 km/h): 3.8 seconds
- Type: Z-Force® 75-5 passively air-cooled, high efficiency, radial flux, interior permanent magnet, brushless motor
- Controller: High efficiency, 420 amp, 3-phase brushless controller with regenerative deceleration
- Est. pack life to 80% (city): 203,000 miles (327,000 km)
- Power pack: Z-Force® Li-Ion intelligent modular
- Max capacity: 6.5 kWh
- Nominal capacity: 5.7 kWh
- Charger type: 650 W, integrated
- Charge time (standard): 8.9 hours (100% charged) / 8.4 hours (95% charged)
- Charge time with one accessory charger: 3.8 hours (100% charged) / 3.3 hours (95% charged)
- Charge time with max accessory chargers: 1.7 hours (100% charged) / 1.2 hours (95% charged)
- Input: Standard 110 V or 220 V
- Transmission: Clutchless direct drive
- Final drive: 132T / 25T, Poly Chain® GT® Carbon™ belt
- Front suspension: Showa 41 mm inverted cartridge forks, with adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
- Rear suspension: Showa 40 mm piston, piggy-back reservoir shock with adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
- Front suspension travel: 7.00 in. (178 mm)
- Rear suspension travel: 8.94 in. (227 mm)
- Front brakes: Bosch Gen 9 ABS, J-Juan asymmetric dual piston floating caliper, 320 x 5 mm disc
- Rear brakes: Bosch Gen 9 ABS, J-Juan single piston floating caliper, 240 x 4.5 mm disc
- Front tire: Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 110/70-17
- Rear tire: Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 140/70-17
- Front wheel: 3.00 x 17
- Rear wheel: 3.50 x 17
- Wheelbase: 56.0 in. (1,422 mm)
- Seat height: 32.9 in. (836 mm)
- Rake: 24.4 deg.
- Trail: 2.8 in. (71 mm)
- Frame: 20 lb. (9.1 kg)
- Curb weight: 293 lb. (133 kg)
- Carrying capacity: 337 lb. (153 kg)
- Equivalent fuel economy (city): 530 MPGe (0.44 l/100 km)
- Equivalent fuel economy (highway): 215 MPGe (1.09 l/100 km)
- Typical cost to recharge: $0.73
- Standard motorcycle warranty: 2 years
- Power pack warranty: 5 years/100,000 miles
- Engine Type
- Z-Force® 75-5 passively air-cooled, high efficiency, radial flux, interior permanent magnet, brushless motor
- Front Suspension
- Showa 41 mm inverted cartridge forks, with adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
- Rear Suspension
- Showa 40 mm piston, piggy-back reservoir shock with adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
- Front Brakes
- Bosch Gen 9 ABS, J-Juan asymmetric dual piston floating caliper, 320 x 5 mm disc
- Rear Brakes
- Bosch Gen 9 ABS, J-Juan single piston floating caliper, 240 x 4.5 mm disc
- Front Tire
- Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 110/70-17
- Rear Tire
- Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 140/70-17
- 56.0 in. (1,422 mm)
- Seat Height
- 32.9 in. (836 mm)
- 24.4 deg.
- 2.8 in. (71 mm)
- Equivalent fuel economy (city): 530 MPGe (0.44 l/100 km); Equivalent fuel economy (highway): 215 MPGe (1.09 l/100 km)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 293 lb. (133 kg)
- Clutchless direct drive
- Final Drive
- 132T / 25T, Poly Chain® GT® Carbon™ belt
- Standard motorcycle warranty: 2 years; Power pack warranty: 5 years/100,000 miles