2016 Harley-Davidson® XL883L - Sportster Superlow
You found it on-line, now come see it in person!
Give us a call or pop by today for a look! 888-292-8305 Press 1 for sales
We can get you extremely low monthly payments OAC ASAP!
Comes with Classy Chassis' 30 Day, 5,000 KM Power Train Plus Warranty!
Extended Warranty Available!
Classy Chassis & Cycles is not just another motorcycle dealership. We are also one of Ontario’s favourite motorcycle destinations, located just outside of Peterborough in the heart of the Kawartha’s.
*Here is what the manufacturer said about this bike when it was new. Not all specs may be accurate*
The smooth ride, comfortable cruising position and easy handling get even better with an all-new the suspension and seat. The ride that starts here may never end.
- How close do you want to get to the pavement?: This is about falling in love with the ride. It doesn’t matter if it’s your first time, or if you’re a veteran of countless miles on the pavement. When you throw a leg over the SuperLow® model, every feeling you get will be a good one. From the new saddle and new suspension to the low center of gravity and light, easy-handling frame, this machine is built to make any rider one with the road. Does it get any better than that?
- Authentic Styling: When the first Sportster motorcycle roared onto the scene in 1957 the world had never seen anything like it. Rawboned, powerful and looking for action. The styling cues that lit up the street in those early years would soon become a part of everything from race bikes to outlaw choppers as they spread throughout the motorcycling world. Take a look at the offering for 2016 and one thing becomes instantly clear. The best way to get the style that made the Sportster motorcycle famous is to get a Sportster motorcycle of your own. The narrow frame is more agile than ever. The rumbling V-Twin and muscular front end feel more powerful than ever. The flawless steel and jewel-like fuel tank reveal their authentic American motorcycle roots in every inch of detail.
- Iconic Engine: The Evolution engine riding in the nimble Sportster frame is a prime example of the power, durability and proven reliability The Motor Company was built on. Born from the legendary Shovelhead and Ironhead engines, it’s been the power at the center of a Sportster motorcycle since 1984. Its overhead valve design and four-cam gear train have their roots in the company’s race program, and you know it when you feel the surge of brute torque that accompanies every twist of the throttle. The air-cooled V-Twin design with a compact one-piece crankcase/transmission fits the narrow Sportster profile like a fist in a fingerless glove. We began with a strong, trouble-free design. Then gave it constant refinement to bring us to the modern powerplant of today. A testament to the unwavering hunger for advancement in motor technology that has always driven Harley-Davidson.
- Technology: What the eye sees and the rider feels on a Sportster motorcycle goes deep beneath the surface. Which is where you’ll find some our latest technology hard at work. The immaculate styling is due in part to an integrated electrical system that reduces wiring harnesses, switches, relays and fuses. The new seats throughout the Sportster line are built out of 21 century materials to feel plush and look minimalist at the same time. The new suspension systems are a marvel, with cartridge damping up front and an adjustable cartridge emulsion system in back. The one thing you won’t find on a Sportster motorcycle is any gizmos. Technology is there for one reason and one reason only. To make the motorcycle even more honest, enduring and satisfying for the rider.
- Handling: The street is the home turf of the Sportster motorcycle, and a narrow, agile frame wrapped around a strong V-Twin engine has always been its calling card. To see how far we’ve taken this basic equation, get in the saddle of any 2016 Sportster model. Trust us, the list of constant innovations and refinements you experience on the Sportster motorcycle of today is more than you want to read about here. The latest innovation is a complete new suspension on every model, with cartridge emulsion rear shocks and a screw adjuster to further dial in the handling. It all feels tight and right, bringing confidence to the ride and a grin to the rider. Whether you’re rocketing to the next stoplight, threading through the urban grid, or busting out of the city limits to parts unknown.
- Comfort: You might look at the raw-boned style of a Sportster motorcycle and not immediately think of comfort. That would be a mistake. Sink into the seat of any 2016 Sportster model and you discover a premium ride hidden under all the lean and mean styling. The engine is rubber-mounted to the frame, so you feel all the power of an Evolution V-Twin but none of the vibrations. The handlebar hits your fists and the pegs hit your boots just the way they should. Even better, we’ve made improving comfort for the Sportster rider our marching orders for 2016. There are new seats and suspensions throughout the line. There’s even a wrench tucked inside the seat to adjust the rear suspension exactly the way you like it. These are some of the most versatile motorcycles to ever hit the street. Making each hour of riding feel better than the one that came before is a big part of the reason why.
- Premium Styling Features: The value and quality of the confidence-inspiring SuperLow® model is unparalleled in its class. With a true Harley-Davidson rumble, steel parts, premium paint and flawless chrome, this model reveals its authentic American motorcycle roots in every inch of detail.
- Teardrop Fuel Tank: The 4.5-gallon teardrop fuel tank offers spacious fuel capacity for a low-profile tank. It's tough, iconic and it leaves a good amount of room to show off more V-Twin. The tank graphic showcases the unique styling of the SuperLow® motorcycle; as if the tank came right off the calligraphers brush.
- Evolution® Engine Innovation: Air-cooled and durable as hell, the 883cc Evolution® engine is yet another nod to the unwavering work ethic that drives advancements in motor technology at Harley-Davidson. Aluminum heads and cylinders lighten the load of the bike and improve air-cooling efficiency. Electronic fuel injection says goodbye to carburetors and boasts increased reliability and less routine maintenance. Bottom line: the rubber-mounted Evolution® engine runs hard and rides smooth for thousands of miles so you can just worry about taking in the freedom of the open road.
- Evolution Engine: The Evolution® engine—known in certain crowds as the Blockhead—was first bolted to the frame of a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle back in 1984. Born from legendary Shovelhead and Ironhead engines, the Evolution® engine broke new ground in displacement innovation while maintaining the hunger for power, durability and proven reliability that The Motor Company was built on.
- Pure Harley-Davidson Styling: Feast your eyes on the 883cc Evolution® engine and there's no mistaking its roots. This is authentic Harley-Davidson style through and through with an attention to detail you won't find from any other motorcycle company. Silver powder-coated cylinders and cylinder heads are topped off with polished rocker covers to complete the premium Harley-Davidson look. Unmatched style and performance down to the very last detail. It's a jewel machined out of metal. Pure. Dripping with power. From the classic edge of the cooling fins to the clean lines of cases and covers—the 883cc Evolution® engine makes an ironclad statement about holding on to what's right and staying true to what satisfies the rider.
- Ergonomic Hand Controls: If your hands feel good on the controls you'll feel good on the bike. Which is why when you twist the throttle of a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle, you just know. You feel more dialed in, comfortable and attuned to the road and everything around you. In designing these hand controls we went the extra mile to make sure every operation is as intuitive, fluid and effortless as possible. So you can keep your eyes on what's over the next ridge and not what's under your thumb. Things like self-canceling turn signals that are right where you want them to be and brake levers that are easy for all riders to reach. We've added other features, too, like a trip switch and vehicle "start" switch as all Sportster models are keyless. Details that may seem small but make a huge difference on the road. Because it's tiny things like these that make a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle.
- Foundation Brake System: Like riding itself, you can never go too far when it comes to improving a bike's brakes. This is why we gave the brake system of each Sportster® model a complete overhaul designed to improve performance, fit and finish. We increased the size of the brake rotors from 292mm to 300mm and added a more powerful, stylized front caliper with 34mm pistons and stylized rear caliper to match. Other system features include an improved all-aluminum integrated rear master cylinder with reservoir, all-aluminum front master cylinder with reduced friction and higher efficiency, and stainless steel braided lines. It all adds up to more confidence on the road and more power and predictability when you squeeze the brakes.
- Integrated Electrical System: Coursing through every Sportster® model is a body controller with updated routing. It has a cleaner look and reduces the number of wiring harnesses, switches, relays and fuses. Which is a fancy way of saying less fuss. We've also added a voltage regulator with modified fins and integrated connectors to improve heat rejection. Like you, the Sportster® motorcycle's rewired and ready to chase wind and eat up miles of pavement.
- Closed Loop Exhaust System: Designed to meet future worldwide emissions standards and the standards of future generations of Harley-Davidson® motorcycle riders. This closed loop exhaust system delivers heart-pounding performance in the key of the trademark Harley-Davidson rumble. With its robust, soul-stirring big twin design, durable mufflers with exhaust shields, a catalyst and mini heated oxygen sensors that improve emissions and drivability, this system is not only better for the environment, it makes riding better.
- Tach and Gear Indicator Readout: Even though none of us would want to admit it, from time to time, we've all had to kick our shift lever back down to 1 to figure out what gear we were in. The Sportster® models get a speedometer with a gear indicator readout and a tachometer that can be activated by your trip switch. Now you've got all the information you need to keep it in the power band at the touch of a finger.
- Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS) (Optional): When the burrito exit comes out of nowhere, you'll need a little extra braking power. That's why optional anti-lock brakes (ABS) are available on all Sportster® models. ABS improves overall braking performance and keeps you from locking up under heavy braking. Plus, the entire system is smartly integrated into the design of the bike, so nothing gets in the way of your steel work of art. Because what's the point of stopping if you can't make a few heads turn?
- H-D® Smart Security System (Optional): The factory-installed next-generation security system features a hands-free fob that automatically arms and disarms the vehicle's electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike. Stick the fob on your ignition key ring and let it do all the work. It's this attention to detail and security that make Harley-Davidson® motorcycles unique.
- Final Drive Ratio: Experience smooth handling at slow speed and easy acceleration off the line with the final drive ratio found on the SuperLow® motorcycle. Electronic fuel injection coupled with trouble-free handling help create a confidence-inspiring ride that's perfect for anyone just beginning their journey on two wheels.
- New Advanced Front End Geometry: We went to work on the geometry to create a lighter feeling, highly maneuverable front end with wider lock-to-lock steering. The result is more rider confidence, especially when operating the bike at lower speeds. Add in the lightweight front forks and triple clamps and an 18 inch front wheel diameter, and you have a smooth ride with easy handling for riders with any level of experience. This is freedom on two wheels.
- Unique Rear Suspension: A lower, longer travel rear suspension on the SuperLow® motorcycle sets you up with additional comfort on the road without sacrificing seat height. This unique suspension helps the SuperLow® motorcycle barrel through bumps and other unexpected road conditions with ease.
- Enhanced Low Speed Maneuverability: With an 18 inch wheel up front and a 17 inch wheel backing it up at the tail end, the light wheels and radial tires on the SuperLow® motorcycle make handling a cinch. Cast black split 5-spoke machined rims weigh less and get you through turns and other low-speed maneuvers effortlessly.
- Comfortable Cockpit: A combination of a low bucket seat, longer travel rear suspension and easy-grip handlebar creates a comfortable riding position for a wide range of riders. Ergonomically sound, this bike helps build confidence in all aspects of your journey—from lifting it off its side stand to handling and turning, and every bump, twisty and stop in between.
- Low Seat Height: The low, ergonomic seat on the SuperLow® model provides the ultimate in handling confidence. The combination of a low, 25.5 inch seat height plus a narrow frame makes it easy to maneuver your ride through turns and down straights at varying speeds. Just toss a leg over and crack the throttle—feel the freedom.
- Michelin® Scorcher™ Tires: Michelin® Scorcher™ tires provide the superior performance, sensational grip, impressive durability and excellent handling expected on a race-bred bike. The exclusive deep-cut tread design improves grip and water evacuation capability. Grip performance and durability is also enhanced by the tire's rubber compounds, which use the latest generation of Michelin synthetic polymers.
- Mid-Mounted Controls: Let your boots fall where they may, naturally to the mid-mounted controls and rider foot pegs on the SuperLow® model. An easy reach and tight rider triangle is confidence-inspiring for new riders eager to set off on their journey and riders whose legs run slightly shorter than others.
- Low Seat with New Comfort: The bucket-shaped seat on the SuperLow® motorcycle gets added foam without losing the sleek style, thanks to the latest 21 Century materials. Also not lost: the 27.4-inch seat height that makes for an extremely low straddle distance and adds to the confidence you’ll have riding this motorcycle.
- New Suspension Front and Rear: From the day the first Sportster® motorcycle roared out of Milwaukee in 1957, the street has been its home turf. Raw power and looks were only part of the equation. The nimble, confident ride took it from there. So it's only right to give the ride quality of the Sportster family a major upgrade to use the latest technology. Up front, you have a brawny 39mm fork with cartridge damping to give you a sporting ride without the harshness. In back, we went with an emulsion rear shock with screw adjuster. It not only works overtime to soak up every bump the street throws your way, it also adjusts to fit your riding style. Simply turn the screw and you have a rear suspension set up to ride just the way you like it.
- Length: 87.6 in. (2,225 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 25.5 in. (648 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 27.4 in. (695 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 3.9 in. (100 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 31.1
- Trail: 5.7 in. (145 mm)
- Wheelbase: 59.1 in. (1,500 mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: 120/70 ZR-18 59W
- Tires, Rear Specification: 150/60 ZR-17 66W
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal. (17 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 2.8 qt. (2.6 L)
- Weight, As Shipped: 537 lb. (244 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 565 lb. (256 kg)
- Engine: Air-cooled, Evolution®
- Bore: 3 in. (76.2 mm)
- Stroke: 3.811 in. (96.8 mm)
- Displacement: 53.9 cu in. (883 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel injection (ESPFI)
- Primary Drive: Chain, 34/57 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 10.41
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 7.436
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 5.531
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 4.584
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.931
- Exhaust: Chrome, staggered, shorty exhaust with dual mufflers
- Wheels, Front Type: Black, Split 5-Spoke with Machined Rim
- Wheels, Rear Type: Black, Split 5-Spoke with Machined Rim
- Brakes, Caliper Type: Dual-piston front, Dual-piston rear
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque: 53.8 ft. lb. (73 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 3,750
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 25
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 24.4
- Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy: 51 mpg (4.6 l/100 km)
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, low fuel warning, low battery, security system (optional)
- Gauges: Handlebar-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock, dual tripmeter, low fuel warning light, low oil pressure light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights
- Engine Type
- 53.9 cu in. (883 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3 in. (76.2 mm) x 3.811 in. (96.8 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR-18 59W
- Rear Tire
- 150/60 ZR-17 66W
- 59.1 in. (1,500 mm)
- Seat Height
- Laden: 25.5 in. (648 mm); Unladen: 27.4 in. (695 mm)
- 31.1 deg.
- 5.7 in. (145 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal. (17 L)
- 51 mpg (4.6 l/100 km)
- Dry Weight
- 537 lb. (244 kg)
- Vivid Black