2016 Harley-Davidson® FLSTFB - Fat Boy Lo
Call for Price
You found it on-line, now come see it in person!
Give us a call or pop by today for a look! 888-292-8305 Press 1 for sales
We can get you extremely low monthly payments OAC ASAP!
Extended Warranty Available!
Classy Chassis & Cycles is not just another motorcycle dealership. We are also one of Ontario’s favourite motorcycle destinations, located just outside of Peterborough in the heart of the Kawartha’s.
*Here is what the manufacturer said about this bike when it was new. Not all specs may be accurate*
Fat, dark and running stronger than ever with a power upgrade to the High Output Twin Cam 103B engine.
- It raises the bar for low motorcycles: Start with a motorcycle loaded with custom detail, then slam the suspension. It makes the overall look longer, meaner and more eye-popping than ever. That’s the idea behind the Fat Bot® Lo. The low seat also puts you close to the road, to keep the riding easy. As if all that wasn’t enough, you’ve got a black headlight nacelle and solid disc wheels coated in black and drilled through with 50 caliber holes. This is the standard for low motorcycles to live up to.
- Authentic Styling: Get an eyeful of a Softail motorcycle and you see more than some weepy-eyed exercise in nostalgia. You’re looking at the kind of style that has the power to defy time. Honest. Uncluttered. Unaffected by the fad of the moment. There’s a good reason for this. We’ve used our long decades on the road, riding, wrenching, talking to other custom bike fanatics, to discover what works. Then we stick with it, and use it to push the boundaries of motorcycle design ever further. Take a look at the horseshoe oil tank adorning our Softail models. It’s the same one you’d see on a restored dresser from the ‘50s, or a radical Panhead chopper from the ‘70s. And you’ll find it right now on future Harley-Davidson models that still on the drawing board. Other companies may be content to imitate bits and pieces from our long history. On a Softail motorcycle every part down to the axle nut cover comes from an authentic tradition. With a genuine reason for looking the way it looks.
- Iconic Engine: The air-cooled 45° V-Twin engine at the heart of every Softail model is a prime example of what makes a Harley-Davidson motorcycle more satisfying than anything else. Its clean, uncluttered shape fits perfectly in the downtubes of the frame. Twist the throttle and the surge of torque hits you exactly where it counts. The knowledge of what makes an engine truly move a rider runs deep at The Motor Company, and it’s been put to particular good use to power the Softail family. We counterbalance the engine, which means we can bolt it directly to the frame. It keeps the styling tight at the center of the bike. It lets the rider feel the pulse of the V-Twin. Yet there aren’t any vibrations rattling the fillings out of your teeth. What’s good gets even better for 2016. The Softail family gets a power upgrade to the new High Output Twin Cam 103™ engine. More power is always a Harley-Davidson tradition.
- Technology: The beauty of the technology on a Softail motorcycle is that it never looks technological. That didn’t happen by accident and it doesn’t come easy, particularly when you consider that the inspiration for the family is the clean, wide-open lines of a vintage hardtail. Clutter it up with too many high tech doo-dads and you have a different machine entirely. Take a look at the anti-lock brakes now standard on many Softail models and available across the line. ABS gives you the control you want on a modern motorcycle. But our teams of industrial designers and engineers weren’t finished until the whole system had a streamlined design. The same goes for the clean look to the handlebars, thanks to a new electronic throttle system on every Softail model. With each passing year, adding a little technology to the ride looks better and better.
- Handling: If you’ve never experienced a Harley-Davidson Softail motorcycle, it’s time to find out what you’ve been missing. The venerable Softail frame has logged untold millions of miles, and we’ve put every one of them to good use. The result: one of the most fun rides in all of motorcycling. We’ve spent the years making the frame stiffer, the geometry more balanced and the braking more precise. The dazzling wheels are wrapped in premium Dunlop rubber. The low seats give you a confident feeling of being a part of the motorcycle. Get out on a rolling stretch of backcountry highway and it all comes together. The crisp and responsive ride. The killer looks. As long as we build motorcycles like this having a good time will never go out of style.
- Comfort: The authentic look of a Softail motorcycle comes from the days before anyone knew much about building a suspension. The rigid hardtail frames of yesteryear had a pure, uncluttered look that riders still love. But the bone-rattling ride meant your grandpa needed to strap on a kidney belt to keep his internals intact. The Softail family uses modern technology to consign the kidney belt to the museum. We've kept all the modern comforts where they belong—below the surface of a rad bike loaded with authentic style. You get the classic lines of a vintage "hardtail" frame with the horizontal rear shocks hidden in the guts. It's a signature rigid look, and you'll only find it on a Softail model.
- Fat Custom Style: Recalling the "hardtail" choppers of the '60s and '70s, the Fat Boy® Lo model keeps that heritage alive more than forty years later. It shows a darker side of the original "fat custom" bike—laid-back and blacked-out with an unmistakable profile on the road. But the nostalgic style isn't just about the confident stance, paint and old-school detail. It's how you look riding it. It's how it feels. It's the classic, relaxed riding position that speaks volumes. You're not just cruising. You're in charge—kicked back on a throne of machined metal surveying your domain.
- Fat Custom Tank Details: This tank makes a statement with its leather tank strap, satin chrome side badges, and satin chrome speedometer and ignition switch console. The speedo face boasts a big, bold display for the odometer and an ancillary display for gear and rpm, so all the info you need on the fly is yours at a glance.
- Hidden Rear Shocks: If you want a comfortable bike but love that rigid-suspension look, you've come to the right bike. We've kept all the modern comforts where they belong—below the surface of a rad, vintage-looking bike. You get the classic lines of a vintage "hardtail" frame with the horizontal rear shocks hidden in the guts. It's a signature rigid look, and you'll only find it on a Softail® model.
- Fat Features: Big in all the right places. The 17-inch wheels of black, bullet-hole, disc-cast aluminum definitely make an impression—especially with rubber 140mm wide in front and a beefy 200mm in back. And check out the chopsticks up front—fat front fork behind the huge, gorgeous headlamp. The handlebars are wide, giant stainless steel with bare-knuckle satin chrome risers. It's a lot of fat in one tight bike. Definitely meaty. Wide. Big-boned. A bruiser. Call it what you want. Just admit that you want it.
- Blacked Out Finishes: You might say black is the new chrome when it comes to the Fat Boy® Lo model. There's black denim finish on the frame, swingarm, front shock covers, derby cover, horn cover, coil cover, oil tank and air cleaner cover. Black, bullet-hole disc-cast aluminum wheels with black centers and matching outer rims. Flat-black exhaust shields on the satin chrome shotgun exhaust. Gloss black half-moon footboards. Even blacked-out mirrors and headlamp. And black powder-coating on the powertrain with satin chrome accents finishes the job. With all this paint, you won't just be riding fat and low. You'll be throwing shade all the way.
- New High Output Twin Cam 103B™ Engine Power: Asking riders if they’d like more power is like asking them “Would you like more beer in the pitcher?” when they've reached the end of a long day tearing up the roads. Everybody wants it, and the High Output Twin Cam 103B engine is 103 cubic inches of Harley-Davidson V-Twin you can rely on to deliver it. The airbox increases intake airflow and the cam optimizes phase and duration. The result: better low-end torque and faster 60 to 80 mph 5th gear roll-on to get you around that 18-wheeler. In other words, it gets you motivated in a hurry. In the tradition of the legendary Harley iron that came before it, the High Output Twin Cam 103B engine is once again raising the bar for the feeling an engine delivers to the rider. There’s a reason we’re called the Harley-Davidson Motor Company. Once you send some fuel to this engine, you’ll have no doubt whose it is.
- New High Output Twin Cam 103B™ Engine Innovation: Fire up the High Output Twin Cam 103B engine and feel the low-end torque unleashed. Thanks to the lightweight piston design, delivery of the added power is more refined than ever. Then put your foot on the shifter and feel how the engine and Six-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission were designed to work together. Six speeds. A strong driveline and strong internal parts. Low routine maintenance. And a low cruising rpm that couldn't feel better.
- New High Output Twin Cam 103B™ Engine Heritage: The knowledge of what makes an engine truly move a rider runs deep at The Motor Company, and it was put to good use when we created the High Output Twin Cam 103B engine. We sweated bullets perfecting every cubic inch, pushing design and technology forward. And we did it all without compromising one bit of Harley-Davidson's unique styling. Evolved, yet carrying on the legacy of the Flathead, Knucklehead, Panhead, Shovelhead, Evolution® and Twin Cam 88® and Twin Cam 96® engines that came before. The performance and durability are a direct result of the untold miles logged on the V-Twin since 1909 and the proud heritage that comes from a century's worth of commitment to life on two wheels.
- Pure Harley-Davidson Styling: Feast your eyes on the High Output Twin Cam 103B engine and there's no mistaking its roots. This is authentic Harley-Davidson style through and through with an attention to detail you won't find from any other motorcycle company. Black powder-coated heads and cylinders are highlighted by machined cooling fin tips and satin chrome rocker covers. It's a jewel machined out of metal. Pure. Dripping with power. From the classic edge of the cooling fins to the clean lines of cases and covers—the High Output Twin Cam 103B engine makes an ironclad statement about holding on to what's right and staying true to what satisfies.
- Six-Speed Cruise Drive® Transmission: You want a ride that rumbles—not begs for mercy—when you lean on it a little. The Six-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission provides smooth, quiet shifting and reduces engine speed on the highway, so you get a better match between engine turnover and road speed. It's a rare ride when a bike responds like this, and a low growl goes a long way when you're opening up the road ahead.
- H-D® Smart Security System (Optional): The optional factory-installed next-generation security system features a hands-free fob that automatically arms and disarms the vehicle's electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike. Stick the fob on your ignition key ring and let it do all the work. It's this attention to detail and security that make Harley-Davidson® motorcycles unique.
- Standard Anti-Lock Brakes: When it comes to the Fat Boy® Lo model, "stopping power" has a double meaning. The components of our ABS are tastefully stylized within the wheel hub, so you'll still turn heads with clean, streamlined design. More importantly, though, you get certainty in the saddle knowing your bike's going to behave when you need it.
- Low Suspension: To give the Fat Boy® Lo model its distinctive road-hugging stance, we've dropped the front and rear suspension 1.15 inches. It's a down and dirty 24.25 inches. Perfect for smaller riders or those who just like to feel down in the bike.
- Fat Dunlop® Tires: Fatter is better. Rubber 140mm wide up front mitigates feedback from the street for a smoother ride. And the beefy 200mm rear tire provides a confident feeling of sure contact with the road. And since they're from Dunlop®, you know you're wrapping your premium rollers in quality rubber.
- Front Brake System: The front brake system on the Softail® models this year delivers a 40 percent reduction in the amount of lever force required at peak braking. The handlebar master and front cylinders have been restyled. There's a new 4-piston fixed caliper with 32 and 34 mm pistons, premium caliper piston coating to minimize initial displacement and a larger 300 mm rotor. It all adds up to more stopping power with less effort.
- New Ergonomically Designed Hand Controls: When you've put as many miles as we have in the saddle, you get a strong feel for what’s right and wrong on a motorcycle. Even the smallest annoyances start to add up with each passing mile, and that’s especially true of the way the handlebar feels in your grip. So we worked over the hand controls with as much passion as we worked over the engine powering the Fat Boy® Lo motorcycle. The shapes feel good, and are angled to fall right under your thumbs. It’s just one more way each new mile feels even better than the ones that came before.
- New Electronic Throttle Control: The pure heavyweight style of the Fat Boy® Lo motorcycle gets even cleaner with the addition of electronic throttle control. Take a look. There’s no cable cluttering up the handlebars. Plus, the electronic set-up makes it a simple no-fuss-no-muss procedure to install Harley-Davidson® cruise control.
- Low Profile Handlebars: These low profile fat handlebars practically beg you to reach out and grab your freedom. Their reduced-reach design makes them perfect both for new riders who want the confidence of better control and road-hardened warriors who demand more easy-rider comfort.
- Narrow Seat: To go along with the low seat height, we've added some ergos to make sure every inch of low pays off in pleasurable riding. We've slimmed up the seat itself. With the seat shape, lowdown frame and rigid powertrain, you can be sure you'll feel a solid, comfortable connection with the bike and road.
- Full-Length Rider Footboards: Your boots were made for riding, in any way you see fit. Our full-length footboards boast a tried and true design that's stood the test of time. Plenty of foot positions for your taste and comfort. Rubber vibration isolation for a comfortable ride. And heel-toe shifting for confident shifting every time. It takes a few rides, but once you've gotten used to the smooth heel-toe rhythm, you'll never give it up. The toes of your boots won't take the same beating, either.
- Length: 94.1 in. (2,390 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 24.3 in. (616 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 26 in. (660 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 4.7 in. (120 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 31.6
- Trail: 5.8 in. (147 mm)
- Wheelbase: 64.2 in. (1,630 mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: 140/75R17 67V
- Tires, Rear Specification: 200/55R17 78V
- Fuel Capacity: 5 gal. (18.9 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 3.5 qt. (3.3 L)
- Weight, As Shipped: 704 lb. (319 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 733 lb. (332 kg)
- Engine: Air-Cooled, High Output Twin Cam 103B™
- Bore: 3.87 in. (98.4 mm)
- Stroke: 4.374 in. (111.1 mm)
- Displacement: 103.1 cu in (1,690 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Primary Drive: Chain, 34/46 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 9.311
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 6.454
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 4.793
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 3.882
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.307
- Gear Ratios (overall) 6th: 3
- Exhaust: Denim Black and Satin Chrome, over/under shotgun exhaust with dual mufflers
- Wheels, Front Type: Black, Bullet Hole Disc Cast Aluminum
- Wheels, Rear Type: Black, Bullet Hole Disc Cast Aluminum
- Brakes, Caliper Type: 4-piston front and 2-piston rear
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque: 100.3 ft-lb (136 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 3,000
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 25.6
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 25.2
- Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy: 42 mpg (5.7 l/100 km)
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, security system (optional), 6-speed, low fuel warnings
- Gauges: Tank-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock on odometer, dual tripmeter, RPM/gear display, fuel gauge with low fuel warning light and countdown feature, low oil pressure indicator light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights, 6-speed indicator light
- Engine Type
- High Output Twin Cam 103B™
- 103.1 cu in (1,690 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.87 in. (98.4 mm) x 4.374 in. (111.1 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- 140/75R17 67V
- Rear Tire
- 200/55R17 78V
- 64.2 in. (1,630 mm)
- Seat Height
- Laden: 24.3 in. (616 mm); Unladen: 26 in. (660 mm)
- 31.6 deg.
- 5.8 in. (147 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5 gal. (18.9 L)
- 42 mpg (5.7 l/100 km)
- Dry Weight
- 704 lb. (319 kg)
- Crushed Ice Pearl, Amber Whiskey, Black Denim, Charcoal Denim